Welcome to Archers Review
Archers review is a website, run for and by archers with a thirst for knowledge. Our extensive collection of reviews is split in to a number of sections to make it easy for you to find what you are interested in, or you can take a look at the monthly magazine for more in depth articles and information on everything archery related. We update the site constantly and you can keep in touch via our mailing list, add us on twitter or by joining our Facebook group.
Archers Review News
What's been happening at Archers Review this week
- When it comes to English Longbows there is of course the dream bow and that dream bow will be made of Yew.... a self Yew, but any old bit 'o' Yew won't do . It has to be a special stave... and once you have found that stave you need someone who understands the wood to work it for you and produce something very special. We have tracked down the man who knows how to hunt down exceptional Yew and then fashion it into your dream bow... well not yours, at least not yet.... but mine for certain ! Start saving those pennies - you will want one of these..
- We have only seen photos of the Hunters Niche Predator bow and what we saw we liked, at last we have tracked one down - first impressions are, its' sleek, aggresive and smooth - but first impressions are not what we are about so over the next weeks we will give it a proper work out and report back.
- Falco bows already have a reputation in Northern Europe. As the marque grows and more and more folk are shooting these bows we thought we had better return and take a look at one of the flagship models.. The Trophy Vintage.... coming in Early April.
- Want to make beautiful traditional arrows - you need self nocks, tricksy little things to make, especially as your safety and your bow will depend upon them. We will be checking out a neat little self nocking tool that looks like just the ticket.
- I don't know about you, but the most laborious task in making up a batch of arrows for me anyway, has to be cutting the point and nock tapers..if only someone would invent a drill based taper tool... well.... they did and we have the new tool from Arrow-Fix on test...designed to stop the blisters and pain of tapering arrows..if it is built to the same quality as all the other Arrow-Fix kit this will be just what you have been waiting for..
- Nocks too tight - it sounds bizarre but how can you be sure your arrows will fit perfectly to the string ? We have on test a cunning little device to do just that...
Last Update: 25 April 2013
Nick Toy Classic Longbow 64#@30"
I am going to sound like an old codger now ( which of course I am not !!) But..... " in the old days " there was hardly a ...Read More
Border Black Douglas 1 Pc 42#@28"
If there is one thing I have learned through running this website, it has to be that an open mind is a must. Because I am attempting to write ...Read More
O.L Adcock ACS 1pc 59# @ 28"
Some times you just have to keep ...Read More
Martin Hunter 45#@28"
I just can't help myself, if I see a bow that I have not yet shot I just have to have it. Well that's not strictly true, ...Read More
The last Days of Richard III and the fate of his DNA
There is an old saying that goes "Fact is stranger than Fiction" and never was that more true than of History, I am of course talking of English ...Read More
The Medieval Society defends their honour
The Medieval Society defends their honour
A glimpse of Valhalla - The Ultimate Archery Holiday
I love this work.. it is never a chore, especially when you get to visit Archery valhalla.... and to top it all you don't have to be dead...Check out the Ultimate Archery Holiday.....
Archery Golf tournament ... The James Whale fund for Kidney Cancer
It's time for the 3rd Archery Golf Tournament in aid of this fantastic cause... here are all the details if you would like to be involved..
Longbows Of The Mary Rose
All the hard work and time we put in to the site and magazine are well worth it, especially when we get behind the scenes access to see and handle 500 year old warbows. Steve and Andy went to take a look at the Mary Rose collection and meet archeologist Alex Hildred.
Archery: From Then to Now
Archery has been around since God was a boy. Unlike other aspects of history, the use of bow and arrow has been fairly well documented in cave drawings, sketches, and other artworks for millennia.
We regularly publish new articles, interviews and pictures. Enter your details at the bottom of the article to sign up today and get latest news sent directly to your email inbox as soon as it is released.
A list of our top twenty favorite archery items we have reviewed. Click the image to read the review